Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chapter 1 Reflection

Chapter 1 was an introduction to the theoretical foundations of educational technology. Many different definitions were introduced and a variety of learning styles were explained. Each theory that was introduced offered a different perspective and theory. I personally enjoy reading and learning about different learning styles and theories. Its always interesting to see what you categorize yourself as and how you categorize others.
The lab for this chapter dealt with the basics of operating systems. Since I have both a MAC and PC computer I was fairly familiar with both. I did however learn some keyboard shortcuts that now sometimes just confuse me because they are different from PC to MAC. At first I thought the lab was totally bogus but it ended up being semi-helpful and interesting.
The all about me power point would be an excellent thing to integrate into a classroom in the future. It was very interesting to read other students projects and learn and little bit about them. It was also fun to create my own project and figure out what to share with the class about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment